Tooth Extraction in Clapton, Hackney
Tooth Extraction & Wisdom Teeth Extraction By Top Periodontist
Tooth removal can be an upsetting and anxious time, and if possible, we’ll always try and save your tooth. But if removal is needed, we do everything possible to make it as comfortable for you as possible.
Dental extractions are most commonly required when one of your teeth has been damaged beyond practical repair. The most common reasons for extractions include:
- Severe tooth decay or infection often make it impossible or too costly to repair the tooth
- Advanced gum disease sometimes requires a tooth to be extracted so it doesn’t affect the supporting tissues and bone structure of the mouth
- A tooth is sometimes extracted if it is blocking other teeth from coming through
- Wisdom teeth are often extracted either before or after their eruption
- During orthodontic work, teeth are sometimes extracted to create more room for the teeth that are being moved into place
What you should expect
We numb the area to reduce discomfort. During the extraction, you’ll feel the pressure of the tooth being removed, but you won’t feel any pain. Typically we will remove your tooth within a matter of minutes.
Immediately after the tooth is extracted, a small amount of bleeding is expected, and patch gauze is placed in the affected area. The area may bleed minimally for the next day or so and then taper off. Follow our instructions on how often to change the gauze and what other post-procedure steps to follow.
Do You Love Your Dentist? Our Patients Do!
Five Star Private & NHS Dentist In Clapton, Hackney
Don’t just take our word for it! The kind words others have said about us are true testaments of how we treat our patients.
Never had a problem with this dentist always been very polite and always put mine and my kids needs first.
Excellent practice. I’ve had several fillings and one implant. All went very well. The surgery is very clean and tidy. The lead doctor Mr. Masih Sage is a really good dentist. I am very satisfied with their service and overall attitude toward patients.
Brilliant practice. Had some bonding done on my front tooth with Dr Max Pura. He was super throughout the whole process, explained the procedure and it turned out amazing!! I love his work its flawless. Recommend to all.