At Ardent Smile Clinic, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally on our website to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our services and/or our website, you agree to be bound by this Policy. We welcome any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy. You can do this:
By email, to: email@example.com
By telephone: (+44) 020 8806 0106
By writing to: Dr Masih Sage, 77 Upper Clapton Rd, London E5 9BU
Who we are
We are a team of dental professionals who are passionate about providing the highest possible standards of care.
To ensure we can provide your care safely and effectively, we need to be certain that we have correctly addressed your needs and wishes, answered your questions and also have taken account of your medical history and any treatment that you are undergoing as this may affect how we can provide care for you safely.
Your care may involve several members of our team at this practice and we want to assure you that all members of our team will respect the confidential nature of the information that you have provided and will always protect it from being used by others in an unauthorised way.
We will ask you to complete in writing how and in what circumstances we may use this information in future.
You can choose to stop email, telephone calls, addressed post and/or text messages directed to you by contacting us in any of the ways described above.
Where do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you in the following ways:
1 – When you give it to us DIRECTLY
We obtain information about you when you:
- Attend our practice as a patient
- Complete documentation such as a Medical History form
- Agree to or request a referral to other professionals
- Receive support from us by contacting us by telephone, text or email
- Take part in one of our surveys
- Attend one of our events
- Make payments to us using a card, credit agency or payment plan
- Use our website
2 – When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
- We may receive information about you from a referring practice or your GP/Hospital
3 – When you give permission to OTHER ORGANISATIONS to share
- If you permit other organisations to give us information such as if you apply for a loan in connection with treatment
What type of information?
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it.
Typically, the basic personal information we collect might include:
Your name, Your contact details, Your email address, Your telephone number, Your GP name and practice address, Your next of kin or carer contact details, Your family members names, you medical and dental history.
If you use our website we may collect your IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How do we use your information?
We process and use your information to provide you with safe dental care that is right for you.
How long do we keep this information?
Your treatment information along with your personal information would be kept for at least 11 years. If you would like to know how long we keep your information for, please contact us using the methods described above.
How do we keep this information safe?
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that there are appropriate technical measures in place to protect it. For example, access is restricted only to those who are entitled to see the data. No personal information is left on the desks or anywhere that can be seen by others. All hard copies are kept in locked spaces, if we need to keep the hard copies. Otherwise, they are scanned, shredded and discarded in a standardised way. Our software, online templates and audits are always encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
Who has access to this information?
Our team members have access to your information. However, their access is restricted to their need of handling your services. All our team members are trained about the confidentiality and privacy legislation and have signed the appropriate agreements.
- You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data and, if it’s not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us (e.g. to provide you with the services, products or information you asked for, processing your payment) we will do so.
- You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. If you want to access your information please request this in writing.
- You have a right to have any incorrect information to be corrected. If there are any discrepancies in the information we provide, please let us know and we will correct them.
- You have a right to choose whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
How you can access your information?
If you would like to access the information we hold about you, please request in writing. Please note, we may ask you to complete a form in order to help us locate the information that would like access to.
You can choose the way you prefer to be contacted. If you are updating your preferences, we need your name, date of birth and address to make sure we update the right information.
OUR practice Promise:
Ardent Smile Clinic complies with the Data Protection Act (1998) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. This means that we will ensure that your information is processed fairly and lawfully.